Sunday, April 27, 2014

So much for progress in the future!

   First thing after waking up today, I go in the living room where the kids are watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." Something had just occurred that launched Donald Duck onto Goofy's lap.  "Hey what's the big idea!" I hear in angry Duck dialect.
   Really?
   A few minutes later my older son left the room because the younger one requested "Barney and Friends."  He used to light up and giggle in a way that made me believe in magic again when the Barney doll would spin into the full out and proud purple dinosaur everyone would dance and sing around!  I go in after him purple dinosaur doll in hand playing the song it sings when you squeeze him.  He's giggling but physically takes the doll from me and throws it to the side.  My wife playfully engages in this "Barney is the Monster" game "protecting" him from this villianized icon, but how can anyone hate this character?  Maybe be "not like," or even "find annoying," but I find the haters very suspect.  And I find Donald's homophobia inapproproate for the bew millinelum.  I mean, come on people?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment